Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{Wine Label} Chateau La Grolet & Peybonhomme, France

As far as labels go, I am a total sucker for traditional French labels...you know, the ones with beautiful castles and all of the little ornaments that makes them so typically French, and give them that "noble" touch.  I love imagining what it would be like to actually call one of those chateaux "Home." I'm afraid I'll never know :)

Today, I have two such labels: Chateau La Grolet and Chateau Peybonhomme Les Tours, both from the Bordeaux region.  If you ever drive through that area, it wouldn't be a bad idea to squeeze in a tour of these two wineries... :)

Ch√Ęteau la Grolet is a beautiful estate located in the commune of Saint-Ciers-De-Canesse, in the Bordeaux region, covers 54 hectares divided into 38 hectares of red vineyards (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Malbec) is certified both organic and biodynamic ("method of organic farming that emphasizes the holistic  development and interrelationships of the soil, plants and animals as a self-sustaining system" Wikipedia) . 

Chateau La Grolet

Another estate, owned by the same La Grolet proprietors, is Chateau Peybonhomme Les Tours (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec):

Chateau Peybonhomme Les Tours (also a certified organic vineyard) is located in Bordeaux' s right bank of the Gironde river, near Blaye, and its building dates back to the 19th century and was restored by the current owners, the Hubert family.

Chateau Peybonhomme les Tours

Here are two printables for your private use and that can easily be personalized to make your own wine label, for example...Cheers! :)


  1. Hi,
    I just found your site and love the idea of the wine labels. Do you use a particular type of paper to print them on? And what type or brand of printer do you use? I look forward to hearing from you.

    1. Hi Renate, thank you so much for your kind comment :) The type of paper will depend on the project you will use it for. If you want to use it as a wine label, you will need a thinner, more flexible paper. If you want to use it for a project that will involve framing, then I recommend a higher, thicker quality paper. I also recommend jet laser paper versus ink paper, as that will be much less likely to bleed. Cheers!